1. Contact details
This data privacy statement shall apply to data processing activities by the following controller: Causaly LTD (hereinafter referred to as Causaly) 20 Ropemaker St, London, EC2Y 9AR United Kingdom.
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as the nature and purpose of their processing
2a. When visiting the website
When calling our website, the browser used on your end device will automatically send information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is recorded without any action on your end and stored until automated erasure:
- internet protocol address of the requesting computer
- date and time of the access
- name and URL of the file retrieved
- website from which the access takes place (referrer URL)
- browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer and the name of your access provider
The data mentioned are processed by us for the following purposes:
- ensuring smooth establishment of the website’s connection
- ensuring comfortable use of our website
- evaluation of system safety and stability, as well as
- other administrative purposes
The legal basis for data processing activities shall be Article 6(1)(1)(f) GDPR. Our legitimate interests follow from the purposes listed above for data collection. In no case shall we use any collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
2b. Subscribing to our Newsletter
If you have explicitly consented pursuant to Article 6(1)(1)(a) GDPR, we will use your email address to send you our newsletter at regular intervals. Indicating an email address will be sufficient to receive the newsletter.
Unsubscription is possible at any time, independently of whether the newsletter was sent based on consent or statutory permission, e.g. using a link at the end of each newsletter. As an alternative, you may also send your unsubscription request to us at any time by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The personal data required for sending out the newsletter shall be erased as soon as they are no longer required for achieving the purpose of their collection and as far as no other legal authorization basis applies for further processing. Your email address shall only therefore be stored for sending out the newsletter until you revoke your consent or until you object to submission of the newsletter.
2c. When using our contact form and email contact
If there are any questions, we offer the option of contacting us using a form provided on the website. A valid email address must be indicated there, so that we will know where the query comes from and to answer such. Further information can be provided freely.
Alternatively, contact via the provided email address is possible. In such a case, your personal data transmitted in the email will be stored. Data processing activities for the purpose of contacting is according to Article 6(1)(f) GDPR. If the contact is targeted at conclusion of a contract, Article 6(1)(b) GDPR shall be an additional legal basis for processing.
As far as no other legal basis is applicable as in regard to any further processing of your personal data, the personal data collected by us shall be erased after completion of the request submitted by you.
2d. Downloading of gated material
We provide free download files on our website, such as whitepapers, software trial versions and other marketing material. As part of the download, we ask for personal data such as name, first name, organization and email address. The legal basis for data processing is Article 6(1)(1)(b) GDPR. Your data will be automatically deleted upon termination of the customer relationship, unless another legal basis for any further processing of such data is applicable.
3. Passing on data
We shall only pass on your personal data to third parties (recipients) if we are entitled to do so under the provisions of data protection law. Below we inform you about the circumstances in which this may be the case: We can pass on your personal data to third parties (recipients), if:
- you have explicitly given consent to such for one or more specific purposes (Article 6(1)(1)(a) GDPR);
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract (Article 6(1)(1)(b) GDPR);
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the we are subject (Article 6(1)(1)(c) GDPR);
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data (Article 6(1)(1)(f) GDPR).
- we work together with a third party as data processor in accordance with Article 28 GDPR.
5. Analysis tools
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are performed based on Article 6(1)(1)(f) GDPR. With the tracking measures used, we want to ensure demand-oriented design and continuous optimization of our website. On the other hand, we use tracking measures in order to statistically record use of our website and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our offer to you. These interests are to be viewed as justified within the meaning of the above rule.
The respective purposes of the data processing activities and data categories can be taken from the corresponding tracking tool in this section.
5a. Google Analytics
For the purpose of demand-oriented design and continuous optimization of our websites, we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. In this context, pseudonymised user profiles are compiled and cookies are used (see section 4). The information generated by the cookie regarding your use of this website, such as:
- browser type/version,
- operating system used,
- referrer URL (the website visited before),
- host name of the accessing computer (internet protocol address),
- time of the server query,
are transferred to servers of Google in the USA and stored there within the context of the agreement on contract data processing that we have entered into with Google. The information is used in order to evaluate use of the website in order to compile reports on the website activities and in order to provide further services connected to use of the website and use of the internet for the purpose of market research and demand-oriented design of these internet websites. This information may also be transferred to third parties if this is required by law or as far as third parties process these personal data based on a contract. In no case will your internet protocol address be combined with any other data of Google. The internet protocol addresses are rendered anonymous so that they cannot be assigned (IP masking). Sessions and campaigns shall be ended after the end of a specific period of time. By default, sessions shall be ended after 30 minutes without any activity, and campaigns after six months. The time limit for campaigns may be up to two years.
You may prevent installation of the cookies by making the corresponding settings in your browser software; however, note that you may be unable to fully use all functions of the website in such a case.
6. Social media
7. Rights of the data subject
You have the right:
- to demand information in accordance with Article 15 GDPR regarding the processing of your personal data by us. In particular, you may request information on the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data, the categories of recipient to whom your data have been or are disclosed, the envisaged storage period, the existence of the right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the right to lodge a complaint, the source of your data to the extent that these were not collected at our site, and the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and any meaningful information on its details;
- in accordance with Article 16 GDPR, obtain the rectification of any inaccurate personal data stored by us or completion of such data without undue delay;
- in accordance with Article 17 GDPR, obtain the erasure of your personal data stored by us, to the extent that processing is not required for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- in accordance with Article 18 GDPR, obtain the restriction of processing of your personal data, to the extent that the accuracy of the data is contested by you, processing is unlawful, but you oppose erasure and we no longer need the personal data, but you still require them for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or you have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with Article 20 GDPR, demand to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to demand transmission to another controller;
- in accordance with Article 7(3) GDPR, to withdraw your consent once given to us towards us at any time. This has the consequence that we may no longer continue the data processing activities that were based on this consent in future and
- in accordance with Article 77 GDPR, lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. Usually, you may contact the supervisory authority at your habitual residence or place of work or our registered office for this.
8. Data security
Within the website visit, we use the common SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in conjunction with the respective highest encryption level your browser supports.